Love taking a trip down memory lane? Or are you just interested in seeing some things from the world of sex before your time? From 20th century porn stars to sex toys to page 3 models.
How many do you recognize from the 20th century?
1. Jenna Jameson – Dubbed the ‘Queen of Porn’ she made her first movie in 1994 with ‘Up and Cummers 10’. In 2014 Fleshlight released the Jenna James Legend, so you know, if you’re a fan..
2. Hitachi Wand – The famous Hitachi wand was originally released back in 1968. They are still available now, though since 2014 they sell under the name ‘The Original Magic Wand’.
3. The Rabbit Pearl – You may recognise this rabbit vibrator from the famous ‘Sex & the City’ episode. However, it was actually released by Vibratex in 1984 as one of the very first rabbit vibrators of the 20th century.
4. Adam Film World – Their first magazine was released in America in 1966 with a cover price of $1. Originally named ‘The Adam Film Quarterly’, it was renamed ‘Adam Film Word’ in 1969. The final issue of the magazine was sold in 1998.
5. Betty Grable – She was voted the number one pin-up girl of WWII. Betty Gable actually starred in a movie titled ‘Pin Up Girl’ in 1944.
6. Candy – An erotic novel written by Terry Southern and Mason Hoffenberg, it was released in 1958. Candy is a young girl who becomes involved with dominant men. As a result of it’s popularity, the book was turned into an adult film in 1978.
7. Samantha Fox – At the age of 16 Samantha Fox started her career as a page 3 model. However, she only worked as a page 3 model between 1983 and 1986 and still became the most popular pin-up girl of her era. She also became my most remembered page 3 model from the 20th century.
8. Basic Instinct – I’m including this as it was the first erotic book I ever read. Who hasn’t seen this 1992 erotic thriller starring Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone?
So how many of these did you recognize?